KDB organizes and participates in many events each year. Please follow us on Facebook, or contact us for more information.
- Keep Dickinson Beautiful organizes and encourages volunteers to pick up and control trash in our city. We do this through community wide efforts like Trash Bash-a Texas waterway cleanup, Adopt-a-Street program, Don’t Mess with Texas Trash Off, and the Great American Cleanup. These events welcome people of all ages to spend a few hours picking up trash throughout our community as well as along the banks of Dickinson bayou and its tributaries.
- As a recipient of numerous Governor’s Community Achievement Awards, a recognition partnership program between Keep Texas Beautiful and Texas Department of Transportation, which annually awards communities for outstanding overall efforts in keeping their communities clean and beautiful, KDB has made numerous beautification improvements to the City. Keep Dickinson Beautiful used the Grant award for the installation of the 11 crepe myrtle planter boxes along bayou crossings at Hwy 3 and FM 517; the Dickinson sign and landscaping at CVS and Shell station at I-45; the Dickinson Sign at Gum Bayou, the Dickinson Sign on Hwy 3 north; tree plantings along FM 517, Hwy 3 and Paul Hopkins Park, and the trees and landscaping at City Hall. No local tax dollars were spent on any of these projects.
- At KDB, we are committed to engaging children and adults in living 4 aRe Future. The 4 R’s; REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE & REBUY are key to minimizing trash going to landfills, reducing energy cost and consumption, and improving air and water quality. We believe a healthy environment is vital to a healthy life.
- Reduce the amount of waste going into landfills.
- Reduce air, land and water pollutants.
- Protect and preserve natural areas
- Improve the quality of life of Dickinson.