KDB organizes and participates in many events each year. Please keep an eye on our website, Facebook, or contact us for more information.
- Keep Dickinson Beautiful organizes and encourages volunteers to pick up and control trash in our city. We do this through area wide efforts like Trash Bash, usually held the last weekend in March. This event welcomes people of all ages to spend some time picking up trash throughout our entire city as well as the bayou.
- The “Dickinson” sign and landscaping in front of CVS as well as planter boxes along our bayou bridges are all results of the efforts of our volunteers. We also received funding through the State of Texas to naturally landscape our overpass at I-45 and 517 for erosion control and habitat conservation. KDB continues to seek out landscaping projects and funding for those projects.
- We are committed to teaching and encouraging children to recycle, pick up litter, take care of our environment, and explore and appreciate the outdoors. We do this through providing teaching materials and volunteers to our schools, building public playgrounds, and inviting children and their families to our yearly events.
- Reduce the amount of waste going into landfills.
- Reduce air, land and water pollutants.
- Protect and preserve natural areas
- Improve the quality of life of Dickinson.